Cantone Community Weekly News
January 3, 2017
This week’s assignments (Due Monday, January 9):
- Cursive “h” and “k” - remember to trace a letter and then write a letter.
- Read for 15 minutes or more every day, including Saturday and Sunday, and record what you read and for how long you read on your Reading Log.
- Play outside, Eat dinner together and have a conversation, Read together.
- I hope everyone had a joyful and peaceful winter break and that you were able to spend time with family and friends.
- I also hope you enjoyed the winter poems your child gave you for Christmas. We are compiling these poems, along with illustrations by the children, into a class book that I will have published. You should have received information about purchasing a copy for your child. If you do not want to purchase a copy, please send in the order form indicating you do not want a book anyway. If I receive all order forms, even those marked “no,” we will receive a free class copy of the book. Let me know if you need a new order form.
- Thank you to all the families who provided treats for our Holiday party. The children and I appreciate your generosity.
- Reminder: We have an early release Wednesday, January 4.
- We are beginning a new topic in ELA Skills and Science. We will be learning about the Human Body and several of its systems. Today we learned about the skeletal system.
- We began the next math module. This module focuses on place value and problem solving using units of time, weight, and liquid volume as well as rounding to the nearest ten and hundred. We will also be adding and subtracting two- and three-digit numbers in measurement. You can help by having your child practice telling time with an analog clock (one with hour and minute hands).
- Please remember to send your child to school with snow pants and boots everyday so he/she can participate fully in outdoor activities and stay warm from the cold weather.